Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Cyber Bullying Resources
Growing Up Online PBS
Internet Safety Tips
Tech Savvy Parents
Web 2.0 Directory
Tech Savvy Parents
Tech Savvy Parents! RU1?
“Vision of Students Today”
• Short video summarizing some of the most important characteristics of students today - how they learn, what they need to learn, their goals, hopes, dreams, what their lives will be like, and what kinds of changes they will experience in their lifetime. Created by Michael Wesch in collaboration with 200 students at Kansas State University.
Tech Definitions for Parents today
– A collaborative website whose content can be edited by anyone who has access to it.
- An informal website where the creator posts their personal thoughts, often in the form of a journal. Blog is a contraction of web log. Generally Blogs will include links to other websites. Blogs have become very popular and are viewed by many as an easily accessible site for information sharing and acquisition.
- refers to a second-generation of Internet-based services - such as social networking sites, wikis, and communication tools - that let people collaborate and share information online in ways previously unavailable.
- (Really Simple Syndication) is a family of Web feed formats used to publish frequently updated content such as blog entries, news headlines or podcasts. An RSS document, which is called a "feed," "web feed," or "channel," contains either a summary of content from an associated web site or the full text. RSS makes it possible for people to keep up with their favorite web sites in an automated manner that's easier than checking them manually.
- A web of interconnected people who directly or indirectly interact with or influence the others
- A method of publishing audio files to the Internet for playback on mobile devices and personal computers.
- A term used for correct behavior on the Internet.
Open Source Software
- A program which source code is available to the software development community for use and/or modification from its original design at no charge.
– Portable Document Format - documents are viewed exactly as they were created without the user having that program on their computer.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"